Thursday, June 10, 2010

Power naps and paint

Today started a VERY long time ago. Since the encephalitis our beautiful contented sleepy toddler has become a power napper. So today began at 4.40am- she was done- I was not!!  
My dear hubby is on his sheduled week away for work and the reality of little sleep and much worry seemed a bit much today- UNTIL .....
Yep! When ever I have a "nope I just have nothing left Lord" cry He says "finally!- can you sit down awhile and let me get what I need done!" 

I keep laying my situation at His feet and then sneaking back and picking it up again- madness of the sleep deprived! Today was a gentle lesson right in the midst of the mayhem. 
Today I have been mulling over two scriptures that on first read were 'yep-check, good verse but not underlining and leap of the page as applicable for today but hey alot can happen in 20 hours of daytime!!
Colossians 3:13

Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. Hmmm even tempered, content- they have not been in abundance lately, then came my opportunity to forgive, I have to say- really not so quick. 

My DD gym teacher sent her home a demerits note for me to sign and return for not having her full uniform for the 2nd time this year. He had dates as evidence of the misdemeanor- the first was on the day dear 3yo was readmitted to hospital some 300km away facing emergency surgery to untwist her bowel, the second was today when she put on her jacket without her jumper ( as her classmate spilt paint all over her new pure wool school jumper and kilt yesterday and we had to leave them in at the drycleaners to see if they can be salvaged or if it is going to be a new full uniform.) We had a spare size up kilt. (& some VERY talented mumma pinning at 10pm last night) but no spare woolen jumper, so when the temp got down to 3'C and the sleet started to fall DD put on her jacket. Apparently you must nit wear your jacket without your jumper- if she had her jumper she could wear her jacket but just a jacket - nope! Not on! Demeritable offence with a letter home to prove it. 
How do I respond?!, my mumma dander is ruffled big time, I am ready to march down there.... You get the picture and it's not a pretty one, I've been wronged, my bear cub has been threatened and bless me I'm in the right- not much grace, or quick forgiveness, hmmmm... 
For months I have had not much that I can do, then hey- this obscure lil situation over a uniform comes up and wham!! Off comes my head, peace goes, grace gone, forgiveness and mercy well they didn't even get in the room. Then back comes  Colossians 3:13

Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you." hmmmmmm.

Thank you Lord for lessons learned in deep ditches, Thank you Lord for lessons learned by stubborn heads, Thank you Lord that DD didn't give me that note til after the school switchboard was closed ( see-never say teens dont have wisdom- clearly they do!!)
Thank you Lord for my second scripture today: 
Psalm 119:173 says "Let Your hand become my help". Fear not, I am with you - O be not dismayed, For I am thy God, I will still give you aid, I'll strengthen you, help you, and cause you to stand, Upheld by My gracious, omnipotent hand."
Thank you Lord for being gentle with me as I learn I am not really standing at all and mostly Lord thank you that you have me held in your hand,
Hugs all, goodnight- I have a 4 hour power nap to do :) 
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn,
    I thought I would pop over and have a cup of coffee with you:-)

    This post and accompanying Scripture references blessed me! I love how the Lord gently teaches us in the midst of chaos. I pray your family gets the rest it needs and continues to gain strength and health - mentally, spiritually and physically. Blessings to you this day!
    Marilois

    ReplyDelete