Wednesday, June 16, 2010
1¼ oz. pckg. Yeast
1 c. warm milk
1 t. salt
4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. packed brown sugar (I just sprinkle as much as I like)
2½ TBS. cinnamon
1/3 c. butter
3 TBS. butter, softened
3/4 c. confectioners sugar
2 oz. cream cheese
(1) Disolve yeast in milk.
(2) Mix in sugar, butter, salt, eggs, flour. Mix well.
(3) Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead into a large ball. Cover; let rise 1 hour.
(4) Roll dough into a 21" x 16" wide rectangle. With the butter softened, I just use my fingers to spread it generously over the dough. Load 'er up with the filling (see below).
(5) Roll from long-side to short-side. Pinch the ends.
(6) Grease (butter) your preferred baking pan (I like mine to be all squished up next to the other)- I generally use an 11"x 15" pan. Then place rolls in pan. Preheat Oven to 400° F/ 200C. Let the rolls rise for 30 minutes.
(9) When done, take 'em out and cover them in the delicious icing.
(2) After dough has been rolled out to the gigantic rectangle, spread the softened butter all over.
(3) Sprinkle brown sugar over entire buttered rectangle. Use more if you like more.
(4) Now sprinkle the cinnamon over the now sugary, buttery, doughy, rectangle.