Thursday, May 27, 2010

Made some really yummy cordial!!

When my aunty was visiting she had a recipe for some lemon cordial and I have run out of cold drinks today and had some lemons in the fridge so I thought I'd give it a try. IT WAS SUPERB!!!
The toddler loves it too.

I juiced four lemons.
I took the peels and cut them into chunks, all the stuff off the top of the squeezer and put them into a saucepan with 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar (the recipe said 1.5 cup sugar so add that if you like but I didnt need it)
Bring to the boil & then simmer for 4 mins. It looks a bit of a mess!! Doesnt matter - you strain it later/

Add a few sprigs of mint, boil 1 more minute.
Strain into a bottle.
Put in the fridge and use just like lemon cordial (dilute about 1:5)

It tastes just like shop bought lemon cordial with no preservatives, chemicals and less sugar. I put it into our regular cordial bottle and didnt tell anyone and everyone commented on how good the cordial was!!

Have a taste- Its a hit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment