Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Prayers for. NZ miners

 My verse is 1 Thessalonians 1:2 “We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.”

I was just having a quiet cry for the  families of the 29 new zealand miners who were killed today in that horrific explosion, one month to Christmas tomorrow and they may have already brought gifts for their sons,dads & hubby's and never would have expected to send them off to work and never see them again, such tragedy.
this is a harsh reminder to tell people we love them,pray for them, tell them of Jesus & to refuse to get caught up in useless bickering or worse, in apathy. Today is a gift, 
tomorrow is indeed a blessing.

3 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart. We lost my grandfather the week of Thanksgiving (also the day of my sister's birthday) two years ago. Losing a loved one at any time is so very hard. But losing them around the holidays seems add to the pain. My heart goes out to the families and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a tragedy... my heart truly goes out to their families.

    ReplyDelete