Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Right here


I can't write for tears. 

The criticism, fears & struggles have sapped my belief in any hope I had of being a good enough wife, mum, anything. 

The list of "to-do" is insurmountable when even the most mundane task takes the skill of a hostage negotiator & renders every judging eye piercing you. 

Am I "good enough?" 

Will everyone laugh out loud when all those plates I'm spinning come crashing down into a million pieces breaking my heart, my family & tearing my soul with them?

Then the whispered promise "I've got you"


1But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
2When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
3For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
                                                             Isaiah 43 (NLT)


Do I hear that voice- Do I listen and believe the words are for me?

Do you?

I want to grab hold so tight to the One who whispered these precious words to me tonight & next time when that ache comes - you know the one that dwells deep in a failing mumma's heart which jumps up and condemns her when she is struggling & exhausted - I want to replace the fear with My Saviour:

- I'm called by name, 
- I am His, 
- I will NOT be consumed , 
- I will NOT drown. 

Thank you Jesus for loving me, right where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment